BOUNDARIES, CHECKPOINTS, MAPS
In the event of the Apocalypse, do you really think you’d know in advance where to go and who to trust?
Didn’t think so. Checkpoints will not be revealed, you’ll have to find them yourself.
In order to successfully complete the game, you have to find 4 checkpoints AND make it back to the starting point in 2 hours.
- ALL CHECKPOINTS ARE SAFE ZONES
- Zombies cannot camp out at checkpoints. You must be continuously moving around. Agents at the checkpoints will be monitoring for this, don’t make them bash your brain in for cheating.
- Humans can go to any checkpoint in any order
- You must prove you were at a checkpoint. A different marking will be given out by Agents at each checkpoint as proof- you can stamp your map, any piece of paper, even your body. Just make sure you have all 4 marks, signifying the 4 checkpoints, if you want credit for completing the course.
- Boundaries will be marked with surveyor’s tape and flags. Do not go outside the boundaries.
- Any tagging done beyond the boundaries will not count.
- Keep in mind that some streets will still be open to thru-traffic, therefore, all crosswalks on open streets are considered safe zones. Restricted access streets are not.
- Participants are NOT allowed to barricade/block streets or traffic on streets that are still open.
- In order to make Survive Norfolk safe for participants and drivers, the following streets will be restricted to local access only from 5pm to 10:30pm on Saturday, October 29.
- Llewellyn Ave between 21st St and Princess Anne Rd
- Colonial Ave between 21st St and Princess Anne Rd
- 20th St between Colley Ave and Granby St.
- Local access = allows local traffic to gain direct access to property located on a specific street
- Drivers are encouraged to use extreme caution if they proceed down any of these streets from 5pm to 10:30pm.
- Participants need to be aware of their surroundings and that there may be cars moving through these streets.
- Maps are now available to view and download! A limited number will be available at check-in so it is best to bring your own map!
- Want a little hint?? Check this out! 😉
- The starting AND end point will be the same location: 1600 Colonial Ave in Norfolk (church parking lot across the street from Cogan’s Pizza and Bank of America)
- Survive Norfolk is rain or shine
- Please remember we are playing in an area where people also live. So please be respectful of the neighborhood and residents.
- Stay off of private property. Failure to do so is trespassing and your waiver will not protect you if you cause any damage or get yourself arrested.
- Stay on sidewalks unless it is a closed off street.