Here’s the calendar of events for all things zombie and Survive Norfolk related going on in Hampton Roads. An * (asterisk) denotes a non-Survive Norfolk event that’s still worthy of checking out! Check often and on Facebook for updates!
- 10/1/11: Survive Norfolk Kick-Off @ Belmont House of Smoke! 9pm to close
- *10/8/11: Ghent Zombie Bar Crawl @ various Ghent bars. 9pm
- 10/11/11: Pre-Reg @ Local Heroes: Buy ANY Walking Dead book and get a FREE Survive Norfolk armband! $5 armbands for any other store purchase. We’ll only be there from 6-8pm doing pre-registration, and we’ll honor the deal for any purchase made that day, you just gotta come back in the store between 6-8pm with your receipt!
- 10/14/11: Splatterhouse Five w/ Margin of Error @ Tanner’s Creek: Pre-reg, live music, no cover! 9pm to close
- *10/15/11: Virginia Beach Zombiewalk @ Town Center: 2-4pm. We will be there at 4pm to pre-register folks in attendance.
- 10/15/11: Survive Norfolk Local Music Showcase @ Colley Cantina: Live music, no cover, just fun, and register for Survive Norfolk! 9pm to close
- 10/16/11 to 10/18/11: Zombie Art Show @ Blue Horseshoe Tattoo: Any purchase gets you a FREE Survive Norfolk armband. Come check out some cool and spooky local art created by the Blue Horseshoe Tattoo team at the Portsmouth location! 5200B George Washington Highway, Portsmouth. Show will be open to viewing and purchasing during normal business hours.
- 10/21/11: Survive Norfolk Apocalypse Party @ Belmont House of Smoke: Live music by Von Doom rocking some originals and covering the sounds of the Misfits! Followed by a party rocking awesome time by Substance. Come get your rave on to celebrate the end of times! $5 cover. We’re running the most insane special on armbands to date! Reserve your armband for a donation in ANY amount, one night only! Come in costume, get yourself a free armband! Enter the costume contest to win some awesome prizes AND 5 Survive Norfolk armbands for your friends so you don’t face down those zombies all by yourself. 9pm to close
- 10/26/11: Survive Norfolk infects REDRAIL: Don your finest zombie attire and makeup and ride the Tide light rail from 5:30 to 7:30pm. We’re turning the Tide into our own zombie infestation with music and a dance party on-board. It’s like a subway party, zombie style. FREE AND OPEN TO ALL AGES! Meet at the EVMC stop at 5:30 and we’ll pick up zombies and commuters all along the Tide route. For more information REDRAIL, please visit AltDaily.com
- 10/26/11: Survive Norfolk Local Music Showcase II @ Colley Cantina: Live music from Rodeo Cowboy and Collyn Coats. NO COVER! LAST CALL FOR IN-PERSON REGISTRATION! 9pm to close
- 10/27/11: On-line registration closes at 11:55pm
- *10/28/11: Masquerade in Ghent: 5pm-8pm @ Dog N’ Burger. Family friendly Halloween fun featuring live music by House on Fire!!
- 10/28/11: AltDaily presents Shaun of the Dead @ Naro Cinema: Costume contest, opening remarks from Mayor Fraim, and $2 PBR’s! 100% of the proceeds from PBR sales will go directly to our designated charities. 9pm
- 10/28/11: Zombie Prom @ Taphouse: Live music by Splatterhouse Five and dancing fun + the Undead King and Queen of the Zombie Prom costume contest! $5 cover. 10pm to close
- 10/28/11: Zombie Warpaint Party sponsored by Boulevard Screen & Sign at The MaleBox (121 W. 21st St, Ghent) starting at 4pm. Come get your face “zombified” for a $5 donation (proceeds go to charity). Treats, music, and zombies to get you ready for the big game!
- 10/29/11: SURVIVE NORFOLK: Streets of Ghent. Check-In/Registration opens at 6pm, game starts at 8:30pm
Celebrate Halloween and your survival/zombiness at various post-Survive Norfolk celebrations going down at local Ghent establishments!
- Belmont House of Smoke: Free parking lot party with Substance, and cash bar. Live music inside from Ramones and Sex Pistols coverbands! Survive Norfolk awards ceremony at midnight! Prizes for top 3 Humans, top 3 Zombies, and Best Costumes!
- Colley Cantina
- Lola’s Carribbean Restaurant
- Plaza del Sol: Zombie karaoke with Klass Act Productions!
- Taphouse: Live music by The Mirrors & Bad Cop, 10pm, $5 cover
- Tanner’s Creek
- 10/29/11: Dead Celebrities Halloween Party @ Jack’s Attic: Downtown Norfolk, Granby St. Dress as your favorite undead celebrity for ghoulish treats, libations, and fun!